Start the school year with a focus on your community's needs
As we kick off a new school year, in the midst of the COVID crisis, school leaders can engender positive school climate through processes that intentionally engage the most pressing concerns of students, staff and families.
During this six-week intensive experience, you and a cohort of peers from schools across the country, will be guided by an experienced IIRP instructor to design and implement a trauma-sensitive reentry approach.
You will have multiple opportunities each week to put your learning into practice, ask questions of your instructor, and explore nuances alongside motivated peers. Learning goals include:
- Applying the elements of trauma-sensitive education.
- Applying the Listening Circle process.
- Integrating the five competencies of emotional intelligence and social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Creating effective reentry plans for staff, students and families.
The online format combines live video conference sessions and asynchronous threaded discussions. Readings, videos and lectures will be provided as supplementary material. Live sessions take place seven Wednesdays from 7 – 8:30 pm ET, August 26 to October 7.
* Prerequisite: You must have completed Introduction to Restorative Practices and Using Circles Effectively (days 1 and 2 of our in-person Basic Restorative Practices event) or Restorative Practices for Educators before registering.