Positive school culture
- Strong relationships
- School connectedness
- Less discipline disproportionality
- Diversity of voices
Strong school leadership
- 21st century professional competencies
- Improved workplace culture
The IIRP SaferSanerSchools™ program provides everything your school or district needs to implement school-wide restorative practices. Administration and staff develop an implementation strategy suitable to your setting. You will learn the framework and competencies needed to begin making changes among students.
We'll train your entire school staff, from administrators and social workers to teachers and cafeteria workers, so they have tools to connect with students using a common vocabulary and framework.
Once your staff begin to implement restorative practices, questions naturally arise. Our coaches are available remotely and onsite to support your staff to learn and utilize restorative practices effortlessly every day.
About the IIRP
The International Institute for Restorative Practices is a graduate school offering master's degrees and graduate certificates in restorative practices, the social science of relationships and community.
Our continuing education instructors have worked with schools and districts in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. We have worked in hundreds of schools districts, urban and rural. Our work is supported by NEA, AFT, NAACP, NACRJ, National Bullying Prevention. We are in partnership withPBIS, CASEL, National School Climate Center, Committee for Children.
The IIRP SaferSanerSchools program was the subject of a RAND Corporation report showing restorative practices reduced suspensions in 22 schools over two years in Pittsburgh Public Schools.
"Restorative practices provide a structure that builds community among students and staff and provides a way for students to restore themselves to the community following misconduct."
Anthony Hamlet, Superintendent, Pittsburgh Public Shools
Research and Report
- Restorative Practices Help Reduce Student Suspensions (RAND Corporation), a Randomized Controlled Trial of SaferSanerSchools™
- Restorative Practices: Fostering Healthy Relationships & Promoting Positive School Discipline (Advancement Project, American Federation of Teachers, National Education Association, Opportunity to Learn Campaign)
- Connecting Communities of Courage: Building Inclusive, Safe and Engaging Schools (National School Climate Center)
- Implementing restorative justice in schools: Lessons learned from restorative justice practitioners in four Brooklyn schools (Anne Gregory, Ph.D., et al., Rutgers University)
View more resources for schools.
Professional Development Specialist